Friday, January 30, 2009

Love in a jar

Yes, I realize this looks more like a Christmas post, but I just got around to baking these delicious cookies with my oldest. The kitchen needed a warm up on my day off, so what better way to take the chill off... BAKE! I do love oatmeal cookies, I tend to bake them more than any other cookie, from scratch or otherwise (remember I work full time and have 3 wee ones - so the occasional break 'n bake cookie does come out of my oven). This great treat came all the way from Colorado from my cousin to my daughter as a Christmas present. They were so easy and delicious.

As you can see I did drag out the vintage Christmas glasses, of course, the cookies were a Christmas gift after all, and I just had to share North Pole memories from childhood. My parents purchased these glasses for us on our last trip to Lake Placid and were a holiday tradition every year, alas only 2 survive. My wee ones do share, and the smallest was overjoyed to see them again and insisted on using one to dunk her warm cookies in.
This was a great way to end an afternoon home with the kids, cookies and milk and great Mommy points for me. Thanks Ashley for Love in a jar!





2 comments:

  1. Nice job Kelly! The cookies look good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to spend a Friday afternoon! Not only did it warm the kitchen, I'll bet the aroma was just heavenly. The combination of extras in your "Love In a Jar" oatmeal cookies sounds really tasty.

    ReplyDelete