Sunday, February 8, 2009

Love this site



I wandered across this site at work and did take some time with it. I was impressed with the ways you can search for books for your Kiddos. Many of our family favorites appeared, I especially loved the non-fiction part or the "just the facts" section. Most sections had a coming soon link and being a big fan of public libraries...... ( yes I do work in one).... I am especially fond of the "Get this Book = Library finder" link. When I tested it, it was right on. Don't forget that if your local library doesn't own the title you're looking for, they can try to order it in from another library. We love to help people get the books they want!
Alright - enough with the commercial for your local public library - but we REALLY can provide so much in this economic downturn (that does sound so lame even when I use the term). Think free programs for the kids, DVD's, music, downloadable books, magazines and newspapers. Okay, now I'm really done.
Enjoy the site, read to your bunnies, find some new great authors & illustrators. I'm working on a post for grown-up book suggestions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment